Medical Records Request from NWAFT


A Subject Access Request (SAR) is a request to an organisation (under the Data Protection Act 2018) for a copy of personal data held by that organisation.

For personal requests, you must provide two forms of identification; One to confirm your identity (Driving licence, Passport, Birth Certificate, Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate or NHS Digital Identity Badge), and one to confirm your current address (Utility bill, Bank Statement, Credit Card Statement, Benefit Book or Pension Book).

For Solicitor requests, you must provide a consent form dated within 6 months of requesting.

Further information can be found here.

A request on behalf of someone (living or deceased) you must provide your identification and one of the following:

Request on behalf of:

Document required

Child or young person
Copy of the child's full birth certificate
Deceased patient

Copy of the Will stating that you are the executor of the deceased's estate;


Probate form stating that you are the deceased's personal representative

Living patient

Signed letter of consent from the patient that confirms authorisation to act on their behalf;


Court order stating that you have the power of attorney for Health and Welfare

Contact Details
For further queries please contact the Trust using the information below:

Access Services Department (Peterborough)

Tel: 01733 673440/673441


Opening hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday (excluding English bank holidays)

Further information can be found by clicking on the link below:

Visit North West Anglia website - Patient information

Our FAQ's can be found here.



Hospital Trust
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Addenbrooke’s)
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (Cavell Centre – Mental Health)
East of England Ambulance Service
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Trust

How to make a request online

If you would like to request a copy of your medical records held by North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust, you can make a request through this website by creating an account and logging into the portal.

This is the fastest and most efficient way of making a subject access request. With an account you will be able to answer any questions we have concerning your request and track the progress we are making.

Please make sure you have two forms of ID before submitting the request.